Woods wants golf ball changes
Tiger Woods has expressed concerns over golf balls and says changes must be made to avoid 8,000-yard golf courses popping up in the future.
Woods was speaking in a “Holding Court” podcast interview with women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma when he made the comment, and his sentiments have been echoed by other greats such as Jack Nicklaus.
So, what is Woods’ issue with the current balls?
"We need to do something about the golf ball," Woods said. "I just think it's going too far because we're having to build golf courses -- if they want to have a championship venue -- they have got to be 7,400-7,800 yards.
"If the game keeps progressing the way it is with technology, I think the 8,000-yard golf course is not too far away. And that's pretty scary because we don't have enough property to start designing these type of golf courses.
However, with how popular newer golf balls are these days, it seems unlikely that brands such as Srixon, Titleist and Bridgestone will suddenly draw back on making them better and better as each season passes. And that could well mean current golf courses having to undergo major facelifts in order to facilitate their distances on the greens.
OG News: The Masters 2018 tee off times
The season's first major is here at last, and it’s sure to be one of the more memorable Masters in the tournament's 82-year history.
OG News: Sergio Garcia has fan ejected
Sergio Garcia might be the reigning Masters champion, but that didn’t exempt him from an incident-laden 12th hole on the opening day of the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.
OG News: Tiger Woods will play Ryder Cup, says Chamblee
Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee believes Tiger Woods has an 80% chance of playing in Jim Furyk's Ryder Cup side at Le Golf National in Paris.
- OG News: Paul Casey reveals Ryder Cup dream club.news.more.posteddate 12/02/2018
- OG News: McDowell falls out of world top 200 club.news.more.posteddate 24/01/2018
- OG News: Coach would be 'shocked' if Tiger doesn't win in 2018 club.news.more.posteddate 18/01/2018
- OG News: Ian Poulter receives WGC trophy... 5 years later club.news.more.posteddate 12/01/2018
- OG News: McIlroy’s mansion goes up for sale at $12.9 million club.news.more.posteddate 10/01/2018
- OG News: Fowler ranked No.1 on list of 'Best-Mannered People' club.news.more.posteddate 05/01/2018
- OG News: Meet the TaylorMade M3 & M4 Metalwoods club.news.more.posteddate 02/01/2018
- OG News: TaylorMade unveils M3 & M4 Irons club.news.more.posteddate 02/01/2018
- OG News: Molinari signs with Bettinardi club.news.more.posteddate 21/12/2017
- OG News: Nicklaus “not interested at all” in watching woods comeback club.news.more.posteddate 19/12/2017
- OG News: Does anyone actually enjoy playing golf in winter? club.news.more.posteddate 19/12/2017
- OG News: Rickie Fowler fulfils dying man's golf wish club.news.more.posteddate 11/12/2017
- OG News: McIlroy to keep best mate as caddie in 2018 club.news.more.posteddate 08/12/2017
Video: Callaway Chrome Soft & Chrome Soft X
Chrome Soft Golf Balls combine Tour-proven performance with unparalleled feel and exceptional mis-hit forgiveness. Everything about the ball that changed the ball is better because of the innovation at every layer, starting with Callaway's groundbreaking new Graphene Dual SoftFast.
Video: Cobra Golf KING F8 Iron Tech
KING® F8 Variable and ONE Length™ irons are equipped with COBRA CONNECT™. Automatic shot tracking technology Powered By Arccos™.
The driver face is outdated. TaylorMade thinks its found the solution and sat down with five of its biggest players to see their reactions as the most twisted driver innovation is revealed. Are you ready to see?
- Video: TaylorMade Milled Grind Golf Wedge club.news.more.posteddate 26/09/2017
- Video: Mizuno MP-18 Steel Irons club.news.more.posteddate 06/09/2017
- GolfBuddy WTX GPS Watch club.news.more.posteddate 30/08/2017
- Video: Cobra Golf Introduce the F-MAX club.news.more.posteddate 10/08/2017
- Video: Test-driving PING G400 range club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Driver club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Hybrid club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Irons club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Crossover club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Fairway Wood club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Motocaddy S5 Connect Electric Golf Trolley - Video club.news.more.posteddate 23/06/2017
- Rory McIlroy | Swing Checklist -Video club.news.more.posteddate 28/03/2017
- Rory McIlroy | Power Through Impact -Video club.news.more.posteddate 13/03/2017