Great White Shark Greg Norman will ‘shatter’ the golf world
Greg Norman, aka the Great White Shark, says he’s going to take a bite out of golf in 2017 – but is yet to reveal just what exactly that means.
Norman has enjoyed a storied career in the game, landing two major championships and holding the World No.1 spot for 331 weeks – second only to Tiger Woods.
But now the Australian, 61, is planning to shake up the golfing world, but his cards are being kept very close to his chest.
These days Norman is found working on golf course designs, so perhaps that will play a part in his plans. Right now, however, he’s keeping tight-lipped with the media, giving not even the slightest hint of his plans moving forward.
"In the middle second quarter of next year, I'll invite you guys [golf media] down to my office," said Norman.
"We will tell you exactly how we're going to break this cast iron that's been wrapped around golf for so long. We're going to shatter it.
"The institutions (USGA, R&A, PGA of America, PGA Tour) will eventually buy into it because they will have to buy into it.
"They won't have a choice.”
Norman's venture will involve Verizon, the company he recently signed an eight-year deal with.
OG News: The Masters 2018 tee off times
The season's first major is here at last, and it’s sure to be one of the more memorable Masters in the tournament's 82-year history.
OG News: Sergio Garcia has fan ejected
Sergio Garcia might be the reigning Masters champion, but that didn’t exempt him from an incident-laden 12th hole on the opening day of the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play.
OG News: Tiger Woods will play Ryder Cup, says Chamblee
Golf Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee believes Tiger Woods has an 80% chance of playing in Jim Furyk's Ryder Cup side at Le Golf National in Paris.
- OG News: Paul Casey reveals Ryder Cup dream club.news.more.posteddate 12/02/2018
- OG News: McDowell falls out of world top 200 club.news.more.posteddate 24/01/2018
- OG News: Coach would be 'shocked' if Tiger doesn't win in 2018 club.news.more.posteddate 18/01/2018
- OG News: Ian Poulter receives WGC trophy... 5 years later club.news.more.posteddate 12/01/2018
- OG News: McIlroy’s mansion goes up for sale at $12.9 million club.news.more.posteddate 10/01/2018
- OG News: Fowler ranked No.1 on list of 'Best-Mannered People' club.news.more.posteddate 05/01/2018
- OG News: Meet the TaylorMade M3 & M4 Metalwoods club.news.more.posteddate 02/01/2018
- OG News: TaylorMade unveils M3 & M4 Irons club.news.more.posteddate 02/01/2018
- OG News: Molinari signs with Bettinardi club.news.more.posteddate 21/12/2017
- OG News: Nicklaus “not interested at all” in watching woods comeback club.news.more.posteddate 19/12/2017
- OG News: Does anyone actually enjoy playing golf in winter? club.news.more.posteddate 19/12/2017
- OG News: Rickie Fowler fulfils dying man's golf wish club.news.more.posteddate 11/12/2017
- OG News: McIlroy to keep best mate as caddie in 2018 club.news.more.posteddate 08/12/2017
Video: Callaway Chrome Soft & Chrome Soft X
Chrome Soft Golf Balls combine Tour-proven performance with unparalleled feel and exceptional mis-hit forgiveness. Everything about the ball that changed the ball is better because of the innovation at every layer, starting with Callaway's groundbreaking new Graphene Dual SoftFast.
Video: Cobra Golf KING F8 Iron Tech
KING® F8 Variable and ONE Length™ irons are equipped with COBRA CONNECT™. Automatic shot tracking technology Powered By Arccos™.
The driver face is outdated. TaylorMade thinks its found the solution and sat down with five of its biggest players to see their reactions as the most twisted driver innovation is revealed. Are you ready to see?
- Video: TaylorMade Milled Grind Golf Wedge club.news.more.posteddate 26/09/2017
- Video: Mizuno MP-18 Steel Irons club.news.more.posteddate 06/09/2017
- GolfBuddy WTX GPS Watch club.news.more.posteddate 30/08/2017
- Video: Cobra Golf Introduce the F-MAX club.news.more.posteddate 10/08/2017
- Video: Test-driving PING G400 range club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Driver club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Hybrid club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Irons club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Crossover club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Video: PING golfers test-drive G400 Fairway Wood club.news.more.posteddate 10/07/2017
- Motocaddy S5 Connect Electric Golf Trolley - Video club.news.more.posteddate 23/06/2017
- Rory McIlroy | Swing Checklist -Video club.news.more.posteddate 28/03/2017
- Rory McIlroy | Power Through Impact -Video club.news.more.posteddate 13/03/2017