#ThisGirlGolfs campaign sets out to change female perception of golf and encourage participation
Despite there being some great female players on the world stage, such as Charley Hull, Laura Davies, Annika Sorenstam and Paula Creamer, golf is often wrongly perceived as a Man’s game. #ThisGirlGolfs is designed to shift this perception and inspire participation by highlighting women that are already playing the game at all levels.
Golf is a game for all. Unlike any other sport, golf’s unique handicap system allows people of different abilities to play and compete together, making it a great game for women and men alike.
The PGA and England Golf are supporting #ThisGirlGolfs as part of their ‘Raising Our Game’ strategy, which is committed to increasing the number of people that play golf regularly and to reverse the decline of club members.
England Golf recognise that Women and Girls are key to this success.
David Joy, CEO of England Golf, said: “We are aware, like many other sports, golf faces some issues, there are significant trends in declining participation at all levels that we can’t ignore.
“With the help of #ThisGirlGolfs campaign, we hope to work together with the golfing community to encourage more women and girls into the sport and enjoy the benefits the game can give.”
Sandy Jones, CEO of The PGA said: “Golf is actually a very accessible, welcoming and enjoyable environment and we want to get that message across to women who may not have considered golf as an option. This is a great opportunity to both raise the profile of golf, break down myths and misconceptions and to actively encourage women of all ages to see golf as a realistic choice – whether that is for personal, professional, business or social reasons.”
#ThisGirlGolf features many different women and girls of all ages, backgrounds and race showing how they fit golf into their everyday lives and enjoy the game. It includes established pro golfers Charley Hull and Henni Zuël, Ellie Lace, 15 year old amateur golfer and BBC Breakfast presenter Naga Munchetti. There’s also Tour pro’s traveling to practice sessions on the underground, girls honing their skills at urban driving ranges, a young girl sneaking into her brother’s bedroom to borrow his clubs and a father taking the time to teach his daughter how to play.
Ross Duncan at the Scottish Golf Union explained, “We are supporting #ThisGirlGolfs because it’s important that the golfing community comes together to change perception and encourage female participation."
Charley Hull, professional golfer, is a strong advocate of the drive, and said: “I have always had a love of golf, picking up my first club aged five. It’s a fantastic game to play with friends, a great way to relax and get outdoors. It’s been great to be part of #ThisGirlGolfs I hope it will encourage girls to head down to their local driving range or golf club and give it a go.”
Eve Burton, Sports Publications LTD said, “Golf is an amazing game, it is a modern and vibrant sport played by women and men and consumed in a variety of different ways. #ThisGirlGolfs is not reinventing the sport it is merely presenting in the way it deserves to be.”
At OnlineGolf we stock a great range of ladies golf equipment, clothing and accessories so everyone can enjoy the game.
OnlineGolf News: Ian Woosnam inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame
Woosnam is a highly-decorated player, having won the Masters in 1991, the European Order of Merit on two occasions, and captained Europe to Ryder Cup victory in 2006...
OnlineGolf News: Japan set to host PGA Champions tournament
The PGA Tour is set to sanction a Champions tournament in Tokyo next year. The move marks the first time a PGA Tour event has ever been sanctioned in Japan...
OnlineGolf News: Is Andrew ‘Beef’ Johnston the latest Halloween costume craze for kids?
Kids dressing up as him for Halloween? Even Beef himself didn’t see that one coming!
- OnlineGolf News: Aaron Baddeley signs for PING Golf club.news.more.posteddate 13/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Lee Westwood: I let Darren Clarke down club.news.more.posteddate 13/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: John Daly defends rowdy US fans at Ryder Cup club.news.more.posteddate 12/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: 91-year-old golfer scores hole-in-one club.news.more.posteddate 11/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Tiger Woods comeback may never happen, say ex-players club.news.more.posteddate 11/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Dougherty calls time on playing career club.news.more.posteddate 10/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Rose to take time off after intense summer club.news.more.posteddate 06/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Cheyenne Woods set to play Dubai Ladies Masters in December club.news.more.posteddate 05/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Europe may have lost, but this year’s Ryder Cup was simply awesome club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Watch: Heckler wins $100 from Justin Rose after making putt club.news.more.posteddate 30/09/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Golfing great Arnold Palmer passes away at 87 club.news.more.posteddate 26/09/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Ian Poulter to be awarded top PGA award club.news.more.posteddate 07/09/2016
- OnlineGolf News: World number 2, Ariya Jutanugarn leads first women’s golf event for 116 years club.news.more.posteddate 18/08/2016
PING Pro Louis Oosthuizen and iBlade -Video
The inspiring new iBlade iron is distinguished by the softest, purest feel we’ve ever achieved in an iron, with the workability and control to shape shots on command.
PING Vault Putters | Precision Milled to Perfection -Video
Precision-milled PING Vault putters draw inspiration from our legendary Gold Putter Vault. Players will experience improved putting touch and speed control with the patented True-Roll (TR) face technology, one of the most significant and measurable innovations.
Nick Faldo shocked to hit the JPX900 Forged 6 iron 190 yards -Video
A mid-sized, one piece Grain Flow Forged iron that comprehensively ends the normal trade-off between precision and distance. Produced from a stronger Boron infused steel billet – the JPX900 Forged boasts a milled pocket and new multi thickness face.
- 30 Seconds To Better Golf With Callaway | Fairway Wood From the Rough -Video club.news.more.posteddate 10/10/2016
- Callaway Golf present the Steelhead XR -Video club.news.more.posteddate 05/10/2016
- Callaway Golf Big Bertha OS Irons -Video club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- Callaway Golf Big Bertha Fusion Driver -Video club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- 917 Complete Performance -Video club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- 30 Seconds To Better Golf With Callaway | Square Up For Big Drives -Video club.news.more.posteddate 03/08/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | Be Great at Lag Putting club.news.more.posteddate 05/07/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | Chip From a Buried Lie -Video club.news.more.posteddate 29/06/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | Get Out of the Fairway Bunker -Video club.news.more.posteddate 26/06/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | How To Escape the Deep Rough -Video club.news.more.posteddate 17/06/2016
- Garmin Approach X40 GPS Golf Band -Video club.news.more.posteddate 31/05/2016
- Wilson Staff #GearUp | Hitting From an Uphill Lie -Video club.news.more.posteddate 31/05/2016
- OnlineGolf Father's Day Deals -Video club.news.more.posteddate 26/05/2016