The OnlineGolf Guide to Buying 2016 Package Sets
For most golfers a package set is the perfect jumping off point to ease into the game or gain more experience with a variety of golf clubs. Package sets are incredibly popular with men, women and junior golfers.
Package sets are aimed predominantly at golfers trying his or her hand at the game for the first time, so every club is designed to be as easy to hit as possible and deliver the maximum amount of forgiveness and distance thanks to their cavity back and oversized head designs. If you’re seeking an added burst of distance then look for clubs with graphite shafts in the woods.
This buying guide is designed to give you an in-depth description of package sets, which set is best for your particular needs and whether they are the ideal choice over buying clubs individually.
What’s in a Package Set?
Expect your package set to be filled with up to 20 clubs depending on which type you’ve selected. All package sets should include a golf driver, fairway woods, utility club, irons and a putter, all of which comes topped with headcovers for protection. It’s a good idea to look at what each package set is offering as some will be better equipped for immediate golf than others.
Rule of thumb says you will be able to carry any combination of 14 golf clubs in a bag – any more than that and you face disqualification from competition play. So you can pick up a good quality package set and still have space for a few luxury clubs as well.
Package Sets For All!
Package sets are being made for men, women and junior golfers – and come in left and right hand variations – so there’s something here for all the family. Currently there are package sets available for men and women by brands including Wilson, Wilson Deep Red and Fazer. For junior golfers, PGA Tour, US Kids, Nike, PING and Masters are all available.
Selecting Package Sets
Before buying package sets it is a good idea to know how often you will be taking to the greens. By appraising how much interest and time you have available for the sport, coupled with knowing whether you will be playing weekly, monthly or only a handful of times per year should help dictate the ideal package set to get.
If you love to spend a lot of time on the golf course then it’d be beneficial from having a top of the range package set, while the more relaxed players might feel more comfortable with a modest set which doesn’t cost quite so much.
Steel or Graphite Golf Clubs
This choice can be made at any time and will most likely only become an issue once you’ve played golf for an extended period of time.
Graphite golf clubs are much lighter and can help generate swing speed, while steel golf clubs are more durable.
Ladies, juniors and seniors are known to benefit more when playing with graphite shafts that have a softer flex, while younger, stronger men might find going with a regular or stiff shaft helps their game better. But remember to keep in mind that the pro’s say lots of golfers use shafts that are too stiff, so be wary about falling into this trap as well.
It is recommended that, for all beginners, a standard package set be purchased and then upgraded as confidence grows.
Package Sets to Consider
The market is flooded with package sets from a multitude of brands, and here at OnlineGolf we pride ourselves on only stocking the best quality products for every customer. Whether for ladies, men or junior golfers, we want you to succeed at the game.
A selection of the best package sets available today include the Wilson Reflex HS Package Set, Fazer CTR20 Package Set, Wilson Deep Red Tour Package Set, Wilson Ladies 1200 CGI Package Set, Wilson Ladies Ultra Package Set, PING Junior Thrive Package Set and Masters Golf Junior MKids Pro 57” Green Package Set, to name just a few.
OnlineGolf News: McIlroy training with TaylorMade M2 Driver ahead of WGC-HSBC
Rory McIlroy has been spotted preparing for the World Golf Championships-HSBC Champions in Shanghai using a TaylorMade M2 driver and fairway wood...
OnlineGolf News: Ian Woosnam inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame
Woosnam is a highly-decorated player, having won the Masters in 1991, the European Order of Merit on two occasions, and captained Europe to Ryder Cup victory in 2006...
OnlineGolf News: Japan set to host PGA Champions tournament
The PGA Tour is set to sanction a Champions tournament in Tokyo next year. The move marks the first time a PGA Tour event has ever been sanctioned in Japan...
- OnlineGolf News: Is Andrew ‘Beef’ Johnston the latest Halloween costume craze for kids? club.news.more.posteddate 14/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Aaron Baddeley signs for PING Golf club.news.more.posteddate 13/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Lee Westwood: I let Darren Clarke down club.news.more.posteddate 13/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: John Daly defends rowdy US fans at Ryder Cup club.news.more.posteddate 12/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: 91-year-old golfer scores hole-in-one club.news.more.posteddate 11/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Tiger Woods comeback may never happen, say ex-players club.news.more.posteddate 11/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Dougherty calls time on playing career club.news.more.posteddate 10/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Rose to take time off after intense summer club.news.more.posteddate 06/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Cheyenne Woods set to play Dubai Ladies Masters in December club.news.more.posteddate 05/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Europe may have lost, but this year’s Ryder Cup was simply awesome club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Watch: Heckler wins $100 from Justin Rose after making putt club.news.more.posteddate 30/09/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Golfing great Arnold Palmer passes away at 87 club.news.more.posteddate 26/09/2016
- OnlineGolf News: Ian Poulter to be awarded top PGA award club.news.more.posteddate 07/09/2016
PING Pro Louis Oosthuizen and iBlade -Video
The inspiring new iBlade iron is distinguished by the softest, purest feel we’ve ever achieved in an iron, with the workability and control to shape shots on command.
PING Vault Putters | Precision Milled to Perfection -Video
Precision-milled PING Vault putters draw inspiration from our legendary Gold Putter Vault. Players will experience improved putting touch and speed control with the patented True-Roll (TR) face technology, one of the most significant and measurable innovations.
Nick Faldo shocked to hit the JPX900 Forged 6 iron 190 yards -Video
A mid-sized, one piece Grain Flow Forged iron that comprehensively ends the normal trade-off between precision and distance. Produced from a stronger Boron infused steel billet – the JPX900 Forged boasts a milled pocket and new multi thickness face.
- 30 Seconds To Better Golf With Callaway | Fairway Wood From the Rough -Video club.news.more.posteddate 10/10/2016
- Callaway Golf present the Steelhead XR -Video club.news.more.posteddate 05/10/2016
- Callaway Golf Big Bertha OS Irons -Video club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- Callaway Golf Big Bertha Fusion Driver -Video club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- 917 Complete Performance -Video club.news.more.posteddate 04/10/2016
- 30 Seconds To Better Golf With Callaway | Square Up For Big Drives -Video club.news.more.posteddate 03/08/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | Be Great at Lag Putting club.news.more.posteddate 05/07/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | Chip From a Buried Lie -Video club.news.more.posteddate 29/06/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | Get Out of the Fairway Bunker -Video club.news.more.posteddate 26/06/2016
- Callaway U.S. Open Golf Tips | How To Escape the Deep Rough -Video club.news.more.posteddate 17/06/2016
- Garmin Approach X40 GPS Golf Band -Video club.news.more.posteddate 31/05/2016
- Wilson Staff #GearUp | Hitting From an Uphill Lie -Video club.news.more.posteddate 31/05/2016
- OnlineGolf Father's Day Deals -Video club.news.more.posteddate 26/05/2016